Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pray for me!

Friends and family,

Please pray for me as I prepare to head off to Guatemala (aka Guate)...
I leave May 12 and will be returning July 27. I will be teaching, as far as I know, in a school in Santa Catarina Pinula. I will share more once I know!

Pray for...
*the host family with whom I am staying
*my students & school (called Kairos?)
*the church with whom I am serving & their specific outreach ministries
*my growth and learning! especially with the language barrier and cultural transition
*my family back home (there are some health concerns with close family that I want to leave in the Lord's hands during my stay... He is the Healer!)
*safety (traveling mercies and good health)

**If you'd like to opt out of receiving these email updates, please let me know-- no offense taken.
**Or, if you don't get an email when I update and would like to, also let me know (just leave a comment!).

I will update as often as I can throughout the summer!

Con Paz y amor, (with peace and love)
Kim H. <><

2 comments:

  1. For any one reading Kim's blog - I just got an email and she's safely in Guatemala City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    You continue to be 'in my heart'. Prayed you all the way there on Tuesday:)
    Will continue,
    Kim Foster

    ReplyDelete