Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pictures!


These are the First-graders at Kairos.. the woman is their teacher (Nefri) and the guy is the English teacher (David).


The first graders are working on places in the house and sentence structure. This is Wendy writing an answer at the board. They're a lively class... but very smart!


This is one of the 8th grade classes (called 2nd Basic) during a Recipe contest that we had with the middle/high school. They chose a traditional theme and cooked recipes to share. They presented their food in English and had to write a recipe as well. Though some of the recipes massacred English grammar, they tried really hard and it turned out to be so fun! I am excited to work more with this age group because they are at an age where I serve as a role model and teacher. They're eager to learn from me and desperately need more Christian influences around them!!


This is my church-- Nueva Jerusalem! To the right down a hill is the school.




I got to try out the tough-biker-girl role! (actually, i was terrified...)


This is our pet parrot, Lucho. The name means 'fight' because he apparently fights with anything and everything. :)


This is my bedroom, which I share with a sister and cousin. There's plenty of space for all of us and we share a lot of fun times.

1 comment: