Greetings!
My departure is scheduled for tomorrow...Jan. 25!! I'll be traveling from about 10am to 10pm.. (Grand Rapids to New Jersey to Texas to Guate, for you frequent flyers).
I am spending the first 5 days in Santa Catarina Pinula where I interned this past summer, and being work on Feb. 1.
Please pray for my travels on Monday, and the adjustment as I enter a new culture and context!
I am very excited, but I also know that it will be a completely different experience than this past summer, and that there will be a lot more responsibilities on me (and learning required!). It sounds like my first week of work will be mainly ministry visits with other members of the EdT staff. This would be great, because I can watch, observe, and learn a little more. My goal as I enter Guatemalan communities is to 'be a sponge' and understand as much as possible. I do not presume to have answers or solutions. In the language of Estrategia de Transformacion(EdT), I'm entering into conversations. With an open heart. I believe it's what we're called to.
Thank you again to all who have supported me with your prayers, financial help, and encouragement. This opportunity would not be possible otherwise! I'm still in need of financial support, and currently a few churches are still in the process of deciding whether they are able to partner with me at this time. Pray that God gives me peace in regards to his provision, means and timing!
In his steps,
Kim <><
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment