Thursday, July 16, 2009

Final Stretch

Well my final 10 days are upon me. They are packed full:

Friday-- Campamento/retreat with middle schoolers
Saturday-- Campamento/retreat with middle schoolers
Sunday-- Campamento/retreat with middle schoolers
Monday-- more or less 'normal'
Tues-Weds-- Interns Retreat at Lake Atitlan
Thursday- Saturday-- Art Camp at Elementary and Middle school
Sunday-- Church and goodbye dinner
Monday-- Fly out of Guate in the morning.

Iyyy caramba! I am already feeling the stress and speed of things.
Please please please pray that everything goes smoothly with the Art Camp.. I've never planned anything like this before and the Lord has been oh-so-Gracious to me in making things fall together. Just today, I miraculously found someone to teach two more courses that I really wanted to include, gracias a Dios!

I have also had a chance to grow closer to my family through some personal stuff going on at the house. My sisters all have plans to come visit me, either to learn english or just to visit. They're a pretty special crew.

Keep praying also for the Congreso that the church is hosting-- their first EVER! They are looking for sponsors and planning all the details they can. There will be some top-notch bands coming, which is very exciting. They postponed the conference until November, for the sake of logistics, and already Anna and I are talking about returning in order to help out. They really want us to, plus it works because some supplies are being ordered from the States can't be shipped to Guate. And a week later is the wedding of a sister in the church... the gal in charge at the youth corner where I've been working. How special it would be to be involved in those two events... Because now they are being planned and I've taken part..and then to be here when it culminates... ahhh!
I know, I know. Its all just dreams at this point. But I certainly understand the fruitfulness of ministry-- through the events and through the relationships.

Well, I hope to accomplish all that I can to glorify the Lord with my remaining time here. There are lots of people helping me, teaching me, praying for me... but I know that ultimately it's the Lord working through my thoughts, actions and words. Pray especially about the words part... language still has its hiccups at times. But for the most part I really understand everything and never have trouble explaining myself. On top of it, we have our share of laughs when I invent or mispronounce words. There is much joy in my language-learning experience!!

paz y amor, como siempre (as always)!
Kim <><

No comments:

Post a Comment